Hell yes.

By gordo - Last updated: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - Save & Share - 9 Comments

“Fried Oreos. Fried Snickers. Fried Cheesecake.”:http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=5&u=/nm/odd_fried_dc Welcome to the State Fair of Texas! …and a large Diet Coke.

Posted in Stuff • • Top Of Page

9 Responses to “Hell yes.”

Comment from Rick
Time September 30, 2003 at 10:49 am

>>>BTW, this from the state that brought you chicken-fried BACON! The least nutrionally redeeming food product in the WORLD!!! :-)

Time September 30, 2003 at 12:32 pm

See, all them SUV’s on the highways are NEEDED…

Though I’d argue that happiness was nutritionally redeeming…

Time September 30, 2003 at 1:00 pm

Between this and the Cheeseburger Fries I think food Nirvana has arrived. (Well, I would think that if I wasn’t allergic to dairy.)

Time September 30, 2003 at 1:13 pm

No dairy in chicken-fried-bacon!

Best fried bit I’ve had – The chinese buffet we’d frequent in Groton had chunks of ‘crab’ substitute wrapped in bacon and deep fried. Mmmm. Drop a couple in egg-drop soup and ahhhalschg…. (drool)

Comment from Rick
Time September 30, 2003 at 1:29 pm

Man, I could go for some of those cheeseburger fries! With a side of cream gravy (sorry Johnny).

Time September 30, 2003 at 1:39 pm

What I’m craving with all of this talk of lactose: A huge strawberry milkshake with whipped cream from Olmos Pharmacy (Scroll down). Only three blocks down from one of the original Taco Cabanas. Not all of my college bloat was due to beer.

For y’all Austinites, if you’re in the mood for a daytrip to San Antonio, hit Olmos for a mid-afternoon snack. Great old neighborhood, not far from North St. Mary’s street, not far from the Quarry Mall if you’re needing a consumer fix, and darn close to the Zoo and Brakenridge park.

Time September 30, 2003 at 1:44 pm

Better listing for San Antonio resturants here.

Just this section made me gain a pound in remembering. Mmmm-burgers at Chris Madrids. Mmmmm-refried beans, margaritas, and mariacis at Mi Tierra. And scroll up to Earl Abel’s to see a place where both my grandparents and Missy and I have gone for pre-married dates.

Comment from doc
Time September 30, 2003 at 2:22 pm

But best of all they are still favoring the time honored delicious tradition of good food made better by frying, but even better by placing said fried food on a stick.

Time September 30, 2003 at 2:33 pm

Mmmmmmmmm… food on a stick….