Tom the Dancing Bug – Super-Fun-Pak Comix

By etrigan - Last updated: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - Save & Share - 16 Comments

I enjoy almost every comic strip that Salon publishes (sorry, “Marlys”:http://dir.salon.com/topics/lynda_barry/index.html) and I especially enjoy when Ruben Bolling uses his “Tom The Dancing Bug”:http://dir.salon.com/topics/ruben_bolling/index.html strip to do a Super-Fun-Pak Comix — kind of a smorgasbord of brainy silly comics all in one strip. Today’s “strip”:http://www.salon.com/comics/boll/2003/08/28/boll/index1.html will be duplicated the blog-world around. Here’s an excerpt.

ttdb08282003.gif

Hilarious.

Posted in Reviews • • Top Of Page

16 Responses to “Tom the Dancing Bug – Super-Fun-Pak Comix”

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 28, 2003 at 9:15 am

That sounds like a great idea.

Who wants to help me get this started again (rather, “get this started finally”)?

Time August 28, 2003 at 9:59 am

Yeah, dude. I’ll do ‘Doonsbury’. And perhaps ‘Dilbert’. Any other D’s you can think of?

Comment from Anonymous
Time August 28, 2003 at 10:39 am

MarmaDuke?

Time August 28, 2003 at 10:54 am

How long would you be willing to keep it up? Just say the word and I’ll create Blog-o-Comics” (no images allowed!)…

or we can just make a daily entry here for it?

Time August 28, 2003 at 11:42 am

KMc – Do you want to do it at CB?

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 28, 2003 at 12:39 pm

Yes, I’d prefer to keep it there. I guess a blog system of some sort makes sense but I’d rather it be completely streamlined — basically one text blob per entry and that’s all.

Time August 28, 2003 at 9:02 pm

So, should we email you every day with our updates and you’ll post them?

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 29, 2003 at 11:51 am

At the moment, yes, although I always planned for this to be a weekend comics thing.

Once I figure out a content management scheme, daily will be easier.

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 29, 2003 at 11:51 am

Once I figure out a content management scheme, daily will be easier.

Comment from KMc
Time October 2, 2003 at 3:56 pm

So who’s still serious about transcribing comics for our unsighted brothers and sisters?

Jank, if you want Doonesbury, I’ll set up a login for you in blogger. I’ll add the others and continue to tinker with the design in the next few days.

Time October 2, 2003 at 4:07 pm

set me up an account and assign me a strip. i faithfully read the comics every day i’m at work.

Time October 2, 2003 at 4:53 pm

I’ll keep setting out Doonsbury and Dilbert, if you’d like. I was actually dying at this strip. “So what? The guard’s a joke?” – hits home to this recently-activated reservist. Funny stuff (I honestly mean it. Trudeau, as much as I don’t like some of his politics, is an excellent satirist).

Bit of funnyness: Doonesbury’s straw poll is running (ATT) 1,300-ish Democrat votes, 600-ish wishy-washy votes, and a mere 181 Republican (including yours truly votes).

Time October 2, 2003 at 9:13 pm

wishy-washy? i refuse to be forced to pick the worst of two evils.

Time October 3, 2003 at 8:38 am

In order to get a stone moving, it’s necessary to pick a side and start pushing. Merely standing in the middle and yelling doesn’t work.

Time October 3, 2003 at 10:07 am

a stone only has two sides? ummm…here, let me try: pushing a car from either side will never make it move forward.

Comment from KMc
Time October 3, 2003 at 10:54 am

Yeah, you need to have Ralph Nader in the driver’s seat!

(This isn’t a Corvair we’re talking about, is it?)