Start Christmas Shopping Now!

By jank - Last updated: Monday, August 11, 2003 - Save & Share - 10 Comments

“Check out”:http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2431939/ctid/17/place/aguc?_ts=y&ls=collect&_e=3f379&_v=3F379F51myIeaF1EA0BD613A&_ts=y what all the coolest kids will be sporting this Christmas/Chaunaka/Winter Solstice!

w.jpg

Posted in Stuff • • Top Of Page

10 Responses to “Start Christmas Shopping Now!”

Time August 11, 2003 at 9:58 am

It seems ironic that they are introducing an “authentic military 12-inch figure [of] President George W. Bush” when he couldn’t be bothered to serve the military duties he originally signed up for. I suppose that technically as POTUS he is serving in the military, now. I still don’t understand why so many military men support this guy. He signed up for the National Guard, arguably one of the least demanding military departments available, and was assured of keeping a desktop job because of his family connections yet he disserted his post and has, yet, to answer for this dissertion. How much flack did Clinton face for his supposed draft-dodging? (We won’t discuss Cheney’s 5 deferments.)

Ultimately this will be a tool for protest art. I’m sure someone will append one to more accurately reproduce the POTUS’s bulge.

Time August 11, 2003 at 10:15 am

The POTUS bulge link doesn’t work! I want to know more about the POTUS bulge!

Time August 11, 2003 at 11:35 am

oh. Here’s a Straght Dope story on the disserting POTUS.

Time August 11, 2003 at 11:49 am

There, the link is fixed and here’s a picture to go with it.

Time August 11, 2003 at 11:55 am

Thanks! I remember ranting about the bulge immediately after that whole incident, and someone looking at me as if I were “nuts” ha ha. Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who noticed…

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 11, 2003 at 2:49 pm

I really hope whoever runs against GWB has Wesley Clark as a running mate. Perhaps that would spare us any more use of the flight suit footage to show us what a warrior George is.

Relatedly, I trust we’re all high on Dean again after reading today’s Salon?

Time August 11, 2003 at 3:02 pm

Even the idea of a Dean-Clark ticket makes me a happy happy camper.

Time August 12, 2003 at 4:47 pm

The parodies are already here.

And there’s a boycott of KB over carrying this.

We find this toy as disgraceful as Bush’s performance on the aircraft carrier on May 1, 2003, when he wore a uniform he hadn’t earned, claimed a victory he hadn’t won, and delayed the return home of troops whose respect he doesn’t deserve.

Will Americans have to worry about the government telling us we can’t boycott a company that hypes the POTUS?

Comment from KellyMc
Time August 12, 2003 at 4:51 pm

Only if the dolls are made in Israel.

Comment from KMc
Time February 4, 2004 at 5:29 pm

Bump

(Come on, it’s our favorite topic)